Team CSUSA, a Keystone Sports company - is vastly experienced and has assisted 3100+ student-athletes, from 30+ countries, to obtain scholarships in the US since being formed in 2007. We are all former student-athletes and possess the expertise and contacts that have enabled athletes to achieve lucrative scholarships and compete in many different American college sports.
As a Sports Promo Associate, you are guiding our student-athletes (our clients), in many different sports, through their whole US college recruitment journey. You will be handed over newly signed-up clients from our Recruitment Team, and you will onboarding them to our service, officially starting the process of becoming a student-athlete in the US. You are responsible for finding the right school and team with scholarship opportunities and being a point of contact for the duration of his/her studies. You can compare the role of a Promo Associate to being a professional sports agent and account manager. Our Promo Associates excel at marketing, placing their athletes - and building and nurturing a coach network. A high activity level when it comes to finding the right school in terms of athletic and academic standards is a must to succeed in this role.
The KPIs of a Promo Associate are:
- Promotion of your clients to suitable schools in the correct category based on clients’ preferences, profile, and eligibility. Negotiate scholarship deals with the aim to deliver on the financial expectations set by our Recruitment Team.
- Provide excellent customer service! Guide the client/family in the communication process, provide helpful explanations on the school/area/team, academic requirements, finances etc.
- Create an extensive network with US coaches and other stakeholders in the college recruitment industry.
- Maintain old and develop new relationships with US coaches in set jurisdictions.
- Ensure your clients follow the necessary steps to become eligible to compete.
- Guiding and ensure your clients do what is required in the administrative process of promotion (register for tests, application to schools, and eligibility centers etc.) following company system/guidelines.
- Point of contact/resource while clients are in the US maintaining the relationship.
- Build a strong personal brand to ensure that coaches know about you and want to do business with you.
- You are a highly ambitious former student-athlete in the US/Canada.
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree with good results.
- Have work experience after graduating from university or relevant internship experience.
- Big plus with an already proven US/Canadian college coach network
- Must be an excellent communicator in English and in one of the Scandinavian languages (i.e., work in Norway must speak Norwegian, work in Denmark must speak Danish, work in Sweden must speak Swedish).
- Structured and a problem-solver in a high-paced industry.
Key skills/attributes we seek for the role:
- High energy, driven and takes initiative.
- Outgoing and proactive
- Organized and good communicator
- Proven record in prospecting/recruitment
- Big TEAM player with high ethical standards
- Big interest in sports
We would want the candidate to be close to our office environments in either Oslo (Norway), Stavanger (Norway), Stockholm (Sweden), and Copenhagen (Denmark). We offer flexibility to work from home from time to time, but you are also expected to be around your colleagues in the office most days.
Keystone is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.